Raleigh DIY Diva

North Raleigh working mom takes on the role of "DIY Diva" and chronicles the love/hate relationship she and her husband are in with their "foul-tempered old lady of a house."

Sunday, March 19, 2006

So, what's new in the world of the one and only, Raleigh DIY Diva?? Not much! I just finished painting my little monkey's room a lovely shade of blue-- one of Eddie Bauer's color collection picks-- "Stonewashed" available at Lowe's, in American Tradition Signature Series, Eggshell. Now here's some helpful information. QUESTIONS: 1. How do you choose a paint color?? 2. There is so much out there, but what do I buy? 3. Where do I buy it? 4. Is more expensive better? 5. Can I possibly buy my paint at a big home improvement warehouse and have good results? ANSWERS: 1. Simple- pick a color you like. Take in something you'd like to match. Ask for a second opinion if you have several you like. 2. Buy Ralph Lauren paint at Home Depot, but buy American Tradition at Lowes. 3. Any DIY place 4. NO!! 5. YES!!

The bottom line is that my experience with paint-- and I have a lot of it-- is that Behr sucks, Olympic is OK, Ralph Lauren is great, and American Tradition is the best. American Tradition definitely has the best value for the money!!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We also have had bad luck with Behr. Even with a tinted primer, you have to use many coats to get an even color in a rich or dark shade.

3/21/2006 6:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i have some close relatives who feel the same way about Behr--yukkky--have heard positive comments about American Tradition from a co-worker of mine! sounds like things are moving along!

3/22/2006 2:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks, I had no idea about Behr!

8/28/2006 10:49 AM  
Blogger DIY Mom of all trades said...

That's interesting about Behr because I have had good experiences. I actually painted my downstairs bathroom three years ago with a gallon of Behr OOPS! paint I bought at Home Depot for only $5 and it is still as gorgeous as it was three years ago. I also painted the outside of my house with Behr with great results. Not to say I only buy Behr. I've bought a lot of paint and haven't had complaints about any of the brands yet. Lucky, I guess?

9/22/2006 8:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
 
Web www.bejane.com
www.homedepot.com